With the advent of the internet, there has been an immense rise in the number of tutorial websites and self-help evangelists. The once expensive face spa is now a common household affair. With your fast-paced lifestyles, it becomes imperative that you take out some time for yourselves. A face spa happens to be an indulgence which can do wonders for your skin. The easy tips and tricks have made face spa simple enough to be enjoyed in the comfort of your homes. We explore a simple face spa routine for the individuals always on their toes and living generally out of a suitcase.
1. Removal of any makeup or cream – It is recommended that you begin with first getting your face ready for the skin care routine. Any make-up, creams or ointments you may have put on must be removed to get ready for the next routine. Your bare skin would be cleansed with a lotion or cream. The lotion would be gently massaged onto the skin to lighten the mood and activate the various cells and tissues in your face. Following the massage regime, the cream and/or lotion is wiped off with the help of a soft sponge or cotton. The attention to detail is paramount for achieving the maximum out of this head spa routine.
2. Testing the waters – Around the world, prominent face spa outlets follow this routine. Now that your skin has been softened, the aesthetician, would check the nature of your skin to decide the routine to be followed from here on. Several factors, like skin type, signs of acne, rashes, open pores, blackhead and whitehead, would be taken into consideration by the expert before recommending the most suitable skin care regime for your face.
3. Applying a mask – The eyes are covered with moistened cloth. The type of mask to be applied depends on the oiliness or dryness of the skin. A clay mask is applied on oily skin while dry skin needs application of moisture – replenishing masks like Jurlique. You may relax or take a short nap while the rejuvenating mask works wonders on your skin.
4. Exfoliation – The mask is removed carefully without damaging the skin tissues. The deftness of removal is important to ensure proper exfoliation. The enzyme peels, if used, are generally left behind to dissolve the plugs that cause blackheads.
5. Steamy facial – Getting into a tent of steam created using a towel is strongly recommended post the facial and massage. A dash of mint and lavender in the steamy water enhances the effect. The heat encourages opening up of sweat pores and loosening of plugs to ensure no blackheads remain on the surface.
6. Post-treatment of skin – The steamy facial of the skin is followed by a light massage to completely soothe the skin and help the blood circulation. Also, the lotion used for massaging lubricates and stimulates the skin and eventually will make you feel recharged and rejuvenated.
Th face spa is beneficial in several ways, not only is it an awesome beauty routine, but also an excellent way to relax and unwind.